Monday, February 14, 2011

On Dating

I'm in a relationship. The thing is, it's not easy. She often plays hard to get. Other times, she is always coming by when I'd rather she didn't. Then, when I do want to hang out, she's not around. She doesn't call, she doesn't write, and then she expects me to be ready to go out on a whim.

She takes up nearly all my time, my thoughts, and my energy.

I think it's safe to say that nearly all relationships are like that, especially new ones. And so, for this year, I'm sticking to this one relationship. The one with my new community of poor neighbors.

While I'm rather sad I don't get to spend Valentine's Day with my community, I'm pretty excited to be back there in less than two weeks.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, enjoy yourself and be nice to us single folks, ok?

2 comments:

merhiser said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day Kenny! Maybe when you get back your relationship will blossom! Love you, my early Valentine!

joti said...

look forward to meeting the new love of your life ;)