Friday, June 18, 2010

Into the Unknown with Peace

I like to plan. I like lists. I like schedules. In ink. I like certainty. I like crossing things off my list.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to find places for us to live in the slums. We've been emailing and calling and strategizing and asking people for their contacts and emailing some more. All to no avail.

But then I realized, when Jesus sends out the 70, he doesn't have them call ahead and make reservations. [It's a pretty bold strategy, just sending them out "as lambs in the midst of wolves" with no money, no bag, and no shoes to find people of peace to stay with. - Luke 10:1-20]

Perhaps I've been too focused on getting things in place for the future and not focused enough on here and now. More certainly I haven't been trusting God to take care of our housing, instead wanting to put my trust in plans that I make.

Here's to trusting and letting go of my need to know what's coming.

5 comments:

Preserving Pearls said...

Amio :-)

Anonymous said...

Kenny you are amazing. Your faith in God is truly inspiring. You spread His word by living it and that is what He has asked us to do. I am afraid that I am stuck in paragraph one of your blog. It is something I definitely have to work on. Many prayers for you and your team as you get closer to Ktown. Be well and safe. Love you and miss you terribly. Aunt Beth

merhiser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j. said...

:: He who breathes into our hearts the heavenly hope, will not deceive or fail us when we press forward to its realization ::

Spud Marshall said...

Well said sir - love hearing about your updates and the things you've been learning - keep the posts coming and thanks for challenging all of us in the way we are meant to live life :)